Ruffino Riserva Ducale Oro Chianti Classico Gran Selezione 750mlStore Pickup and Free Local Delivery Only
- Color: Ruby red with garnet hues.
- Aroma: The wine expresses a distinctive Tuscan bouquet of violet, cherry, and plum, with aromas of chocolate and spice.
- Tasting profile: Intense aromas of violet, blackberry, cherry, and ripe plum with intriguing notes of cinnamon and clove. Classic elegance and structure in which the fruit, tannins, and spices form a tightly woven balance, with a lingering finish of chocolate and coffee.
- Varietal: 85% Sangiovese, 10% Merlot, 5% Colorino
4 in stock
Riserva Ducale Oro pairs exquisitely with traditional Italian dishes such as pasta Bolognese, wild boar ragu, and eggplant Parmesan. It's also wonderful with classic American dishes such as grilled ribeye and roasted vegetables.
Riserva Ducale Oro pairs exquisitely with traditional Italian dishes such as pasta Bolognese, wild boar ragu, and eggplant Parmesan. It's also wonderful with classic American dishes such as grilled ribeye and roasted vegetables.We only produce this Chianti Classico Gran Selezione in outstanding vintages. When we do make Riserva Ducale Oro, we start by harvesting the grapes by hand, mostly from our Gretole estate in the Chianti Classico appellation. The vineyard lots are vinified individually to preserve their specificity to the land. We age the wine in oak, stainless steel and concrete vats for 36 months, twelve months longer than required by Italian law. The wine then spends additional months in bottle before release.Twenty years after the first release of Riserva Ducale in 1927, Ruffino produced its first Riserva Ducale Oro to commemorate an exceptional vintage year. That tradition continues today. Riserva Ducale Oro is the truest expression of a distinct terroir, 100% sourced from Ruffino's acclaimed Gretole and Santedame Estates in the renowned Castellina subregion of Chianti Classico. This wine is produced only in outstanding vintages. If the grapes don't meet the winemaker's exacting standards, the wine will not be made. Riserva Ducale Oro seeks an exacting level of quality by starting with the finest, hand-harvested Sangiovese grapes primarily from Ruffino's estate vineyards and continuing with impeccable standards throughout all phases of winemaking. Some of the best vintages from the past 50 years include: 1949, 1955, 1970, 1975, 1983, 1985, 1990, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2010. Because Riserva Ducale Oro is noted for its extraordinary cellaring, many of these vintages can still be enjoyed today.
- Store Name: New Z & J Wine and Liquor
- Seller: New Z & J Wine and Liquor
761 Manhattan Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11222
- No ratings found yet!