Earn 50 Reward Points for Product Review

Lapostolle Grand Selection Cabernet Sauvignon 2014 750ml

Store Pickup, Free Local Delivery and Shipping to AK, CA, CT, DC, FL, ID, LA, NE, NV, NH, NM, NY, ND, OR, VA, WV, WY

$28.00

Color: Intense purple color with violets edge
Nose: Expressive nose, fresh red fruit aromas such as plum and rosehip.
Palate: Fresh and fruity attack and a medium body with juicy
tannins.
Varietal: 89% Cabernet Sauvignon; 7% Carmenère; 3% Syrah;
1% Petit Verdot.

6 in stock

SKU: 284-88110831295 Categories: , , Tags: , , ,

Additional information

Weight 3 lbs
Harvest

This last 2014 growing season is characterized by a spring with low temperatures and a summer with normal hot and dry conditions. This 2013 winter was exceptionally cold and dry (118mm vs 237mm of rain). The bud break was 10 days late and the dry weather followed over the springtime. Finally march brought normal conditions, but the fall came with low temperatures. The grape lost early its vegetal flavors and was technically ready to make wine, but we had to wait
for the aromatic and phenolic ripeness. The ripening was going slowly, because of the fall characteristics: lower temperatures, shorter days.

Vinification

All the grapes were hand harvested in small cases of 14 kilos and carefully transported to the winery. We obtained clean and pure fruit with strict quality control thanks to the state of the art technology: our Vistalys optical berries selection. Then all the grapes were gently macerated with a gentle extraction, obtaining elegant structure, expressive aromas and very good color. Fermentation lasted about
2 weeks in stainless steel tanks at 24-28°C. After a maximum of 4 weeks of maceration, 24% of the wine was aged in 225 lt. French oak barrels (second and third use mostly) for 6 months while the remaining 76% was aged in stainless steel tanks.

Food Pairing

The ideal companion for well grilled red meat, bolognesa pasta and cheese.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Lapostolle Grand Selection Cabernet Sauvignon 2014 750ml”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Seller Information

  • Store Name: New Westlane Wines & Liquors
  • Seller: Vansh Vansh
  • Address: 689 Columbus Ave
    New York, NY 10025
  • No ratings found yet!

A Note from GABA App about Covid-19

We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy during these scary times. In light of recent developments around the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) and our ongoing concerns for the safety of our customers, staff, and the community at large, we wanted to check in with you and let you know we are working to fill orders as quickly as possible but there might be some delays in shipment and delivery times. Don’t fret - we'll still be available online for all of your shopping desires, If you have any questions or just want to chat, you can reach us on the live chat or at [email protected]

logo

You Must Be 21 to Enter.

Please verify your age

- -

By entering this website you agree to GABA APP's Terms and Conditions and Privacy and Cookie Notice