Humberto Canale’s name is intimately tied to the growth of Argentina & the industrial development of Patagonia after the construction of the railway connecting this remote land with the rest of the country. In the middle of an oasis in the High Valley of Rio Negro, the winery began in 1909. Humberto Canale settled & helped develop the irrigation system in the area, between 1898 &1904. His vision led him to buy 200 hectares in this wild location and import the needed equipment to develop viticulture in the region. In 1912 vineyards were planted and by the mid-20th century its image was consolidated. By injecting professional know-how, he promoted investigation and creativity, allowing the world to see the special terroir that gave birth to different, very characteristic wines.