Coconut Curry Lime Mussels
- 1 small diced shallot
- 2 finely minced cloves of garlic
- 1 small diced and seeded jalapeño
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ ounce of unsalted butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons of red curry paste
- 2 pounds of fresh or frozen mussels
- 1 cup of white wine
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
- ½ cup of fresh cilantro leaves
Goat Cheese Spread:
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 4 ounces of softened goat cheese
- 1 loaf of Artisan bread
Serves 2 to 3
- Mussels: In a large hot sauté pan with butter, add in the shallots, garlic and jalapeño and caramelize. Once brown, add in the curry paste and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next add in the mussels and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze with wine, then add in the coconut milk, lime zest and lime juice and let braise on medium-high heat until the mussels open up. Adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Goat Cheese: In a medium sized bowl whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice and goat cheese until completely combined. Spread the goat cheese on slices of Artisan bread.
- To Plate: Simply pour the mussels into a large bowl and top off with fresh cilantro leaves. Serve the mussels along side the to goat cheese, bread and with a chilled glass of Starborough Sauvignon Blanc.
Pairs With: Starborough Sauvignon Blanc 750ml
Pairs With: Coconut Curry Lime Mussels